All participants will need to agree to the following rules and regulations when they complete the registration process. The waiver is:
Participant Acknowledgement, Release and Indemnity – Armidale Athletics Club Inc /Duval Dam Buster Trail Run
The intention of this agreement is for all participants to acknowledge the risks involved in participating in the Duval Dam Buster Trail Run (“the Event”) and agree to not hold responsible Armidale Athletics Club Inc (“the Event Organisers”), the organisers of the Duval Dam Buster Trail Run, beneficiaries and/or sponsors for any injury, loss or damage that may occur as a result of participating in the event.
As a registered participant, or agent for the participant, in The Event:
1. I have read and understand this participant agreement and agree to be bound by the terms herein.
2. I understand the demanding physical nature of the Event. I declare, as a condition of entry to the Event, that I have sufficiently trained for this Event/Race and that I am not aware of any illness, injury or any other physical disability which may cause me injury or death whilst participating in The Event.
3. In the Event that I become aware of any medical condition or impairment, or I am otherwise sick or injured prior to or during the Event, I will withdraw from the Event.
4. I acknowledge that participating in the Event is a dangerous activity and that by such participation I am exposed to certain risks. I acknowledge that the enjoyment of trail running is derived in part from the inherent risks and exertion beyond the accepted safety of life at home or at work and that these inherent risks contribute to such enjoyment and are a reason for my participation in The Event.
5. The Event Organisers may at their sole discretion, refuse entry to the event or cancel an event entry (with full refund) to any person for any reason whatsoever.
6. I acknowledge and hereby comply with the entry requirements for the Event and specifically the race that I have chosen to enter. I acknowledge that the Event Organiser or any person with their vested authority can cancel my entry without refund if I do not meet the entry requirements at the time of entering the Event. In the scenario when the entry requirements for the Event are varied as required from time to time and I no longer meet the entry requirements for the Event that the Event Organisers will refund the cost of entry to the Event.
7. I acknowledge and understand that whilst participating in the Event:
- I may be injured, physically or mentally, or may die from various causes including, but not limited to, over exertion, dehydration, cardiac arrest, slips, trips or falls, accidents with other participants, spectators and road users, or accidents caused by my own actions;
- My personal property may be lost or damaged;
- The conditions in which the Event is conducted may vary without warning;
- I may cause injury to other persons or damage their property;
- I assume the risk and responsibility for any injury, death or property damage resulting from my participation in the Event
- I may be in a remote or isolated location where access to medical support may be limited and take significant time to reach me;
- There may be no or inadequate facilities for treatment or transport of me if I am injured;
6. I agree that if I am injured or require medical assistance, The Event organisers may, at my cost, arrange medical treatment and emergency evacuation as deemed necessary by the Event organisers. I expressly acknowledge that Athletics Club does not have personal accident insurance for participants and agree to bear the risk and subsequent cost of any injury, loss or combination of injury and loss at my own risk. I understand that the organisers recommend that I arrange my own personal accident insurance, ambulance cover and income protection insurance before participating in the Event to cover any unforeseen personal costs I may incur due to ambulance trips, medical expenses or time off work due to injuries sustained whilst participating in the Event. I agree that I am responsible for my own medical and ambulance insurance cover.
7. I consent to my details including medical history and personal information, collected as part of the entry process for the Event being disclosed to the necessary parties, if I am evacuated from the Event by Emergency Services, the Medical Team or Operations Team. This personal information plus any new data entered by The Event staff will be supplied to the Emergency Services staff to enable my continued care.
8. I consent to the publication and/or use in any form of media whatsoever of my name, image, voice, results, statements or otherwise, without payment or compensation and agree that I will reasonably expect to receive marketing material, such as SMS and e-news, from the Duval Dam Buster Trail Run event organisers regarding its events.
9. I also agree that in the event I am injured or my property is damaged, I will bring no claim, legal or otherwise, against The Event organisers in respect to that injury or damage.
10. I agree to abide by the Event Briefing Rules and the directions of all officials of The Event and however they may be varied from time to time.
11. I agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Event Organisers (Armidale Athletics Inc/Duval Dam Buster Trail Run) its officers, employees, agents, volunteers, contractors, public bodies, landholders and sponsors, from and against any and all claims, demands, right or cause of action, suits, expenses, costs and proceedings of any nature whatsoever which may be made by me or on my behalf or by other parties for or in respect of or arising out of any injury, loss, damage or death caused to me or my property as a result of my entry, preparation or participation in the Event, whether by negligence, breach of contract or in any way whatsoever. (This is an event/race and participants make use of facilities at their own risk and without express permission from The Event Organisers or the University of New England or Armidale Regional Council)
12. I acknowledge that my image may be taken by an Event photographer and The Event Photographer may contact me after The Event to offer for sale images of me at The Event.
13. I acknowledge that The Event Organisers may change the advertised course without notice if the Event Organisers deem this necessary and this sole discretion rests with the Event Organisers. I also acknowledge that the Event Organisers may cancel the Event due to weather conditions such as heavy rain or high winds, safety considerations such as bushfires, terrorism or ‘acts of god’ and in such circumstances my entry fee will be non-refundable. I expressly acknowledge that the decision to cancel the Event vests in the Event Organisers. The Event Organisers may, at their sole discretion, attempt to re-route the course, find an alternative shortened course or cancel the event. The Event Organisers also reserve the right to cancel the event for any other reason which may include but is not limited to terrorism and war. If the event has to be cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disaster, acts of god, terrorism, war or any other reason so deemed by the organisers, the event will be rescheduled if possible and at the discretion of the Event Organisers and no refunds will be issued.
14. I will abide by the Duval Dam Buster Trail Run rules and timelines, as varied from time to time and will abide by directions given by Event officials and accept the Event Organiser has discretion to accept or decline an entry on whatever grounds.
15. I acknowledge that the entry fee I have paid (for myself or another person) in relation to the Event may entitle me (or that other person) to the opportunity to participate in the Duval Dam Buster Trail Run on 23 September 2018 and to receive any entitlements upon completion of the Event.
16. I acknowledge that I am not (and no other person is) entitled to a refund or credit of any nature in relation to the entry fee(s) I have paid (for myself or another person), for any reason whatsoever, or in any circumstances, unless and to the extent that the Event Organiser is required to provide a refund or payment at law.
17. I acknowledge that the Event Organiser is entitled to deduct administrative, legal, operational and other costs from any amount (if any) I would be entitled to receive by way of refund (if payable at law).
18. I accept the Event Organiser may at their absolute discretion, limit the number of entries in an event for risk management purposes. Should my entry be received and rejected after an introduced limit has been reached, I shall be entitled to a full refund of my entry fees only and have no other claims.
Declaration for minors - If you are under 18 years at the time of entering the Duval Dam Buster Trail Run, this declaration MUST be accepted by your parent or guardian.
I certify that I am the parent/guardian of (“the minor”) who will be participating on the day of the Duval Dam Buster Trail Run. In consideration of the Event Organiser accepting the minor’s application to participate in the Event, I agree to indemnify and shall keep indemnified the Organisers in respect of any losses they or any of them may suffer as a consequence of any claim/s by the minor and to the same extent as any other competitor indemnifies the organisers pursuant to the clauses above.
COMPETITORS OR THEIR AUTHORISED AGENT MUST ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT.